Automate SharePoint Change Management for Reliable Deployments
As your organization moves beyond SharePoint as a file server to using it as an application platform, managing changes gets harder to handle – and you’re on the hot seat. Suddenly, you’ve got to move complex SharePoint enhancements to applications, web parts, workflows, metadata and themes from development to testing, and then later to production.
How do you stay on top of it while juggling all of your other projects? The answer is Quest Deployment Manager for SharePoint. You can rely on its powerful automation and intuitive interface for fast change management and reliable performance in production. With Quest Deployment Manager you can easily control which, how and when enhancements get moved through the various SharePoint environments and reduce a heavy burden on your staff.
EasyCompare – With its graphical comparison tool, this feature enables you to rapidly discover the differences between any two environments. With its visual cues, you’ll know if a component from one environment needs to be deployed in another.
ScheduleEase – This time-saving job management tool enables you to define, group, schedule and execute object copy and replication activities.
FlexDeploy – Simply click and drag any or all components and related content from one site to another. Changes can also be easily deployed to many sites across multiple SharePoint farms.
Track-It-All – If something does go wrong in your production environment, you can use this handy tool to scan the deployment activity reports to see what errant component was moved and when. And with detailed error messages and alerts, you’ll have the confidence to quickly fix any deployment problems or rest assured that the deployment occurred correctly and swiftly.
- Shows you differences between environments for easily determining what should be moved
- Lets you select all items or a subset to deploy for flexible change management
- Enables you to group deployment activities to better control impact on systems and servers
- Lets you deploy changes from one environment to many, to avoid duplicate tasks and save time
- Allows you to schedule deployment jobs for non-production hours
- Tracks change history to help you resolve production issues and comply with best practices
- Supports change management for the following SharePoint 2010, 2007 and 2003 objects:
- Sites, lists, libraries, fields, content types, content type and column groups
- Folders, documents, document sets, pages, publishing pages, discussion groups, wikis and items
- Web Parts, workflows, InfoPath forms
- Term stores, term sets, terms and managed metadata columns
- Users, groups, permission levels, permissions and permission inheritance
- Templates, themes, master pages, page layouts and many others
- SharePoint Server 2010: intranet
- SharePoint Server 2010: Internet/extranet
- SharePoint Foundation 2010
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Server (MOSS) 2007
- Windows SharePoint Services (WSS) v3
- SharePoint Portal Server (SPS) 2003 (read only)
- Windows SharePoint Services (WSS) v2 (read only)