Storage Maximizer for sharepoint solves this problem. Now you can improve sharepoint performance, free up space in sharepoint for higher priority data and reduce SQL storage costs – all while keeping sharepoint scalable to meet your organization's business requirements. Best of all, Storage Maximizer makes your job easier by automating the movement of selected sharepoint data to the locations you trust and providing dashboard reports so you always know where your files are located.
Main Features of Storage Maximizer for SharePoint
- Infinite Scale - Scale sharepoint to meet your business requirements, rather than scaling your business to fit sharepoint. Storage Maximizer lets you free up your content database by externalizing old, unused, or lower-priority content to lower-cost storage options, including direct attached and network storage.
- No New Interfaces - Spend less time learning new sharepoint tools and more time ensuring your end users' storage and performance needs are met. The management and reporting dashboard in Storage Maximizer is fully integrated into sharepoint Central Administration, providing a familiar and friendly user interface.
- Flex Rules - Spend less time on sharepoint storage management hassles. The rich rules engine in Storage Maximizer will automatically externalize the data you choose to the locations you trust.
- Compression Saver - Save space and reduce your data footprint in your external sharepoint repositories. Storage Maximizer compresses your external data to ensure your data storage space is maximized for your continued sharepoint growth.
- Performance Boost - Reduce end-user complaints about sharepoint speed, keep the SQL team off your back and maintain peak sharepoint performance. Storage Maximizer helps you achieve these goals by externalizing the content that slows your system.
- Recover & Re-Enter - Put your feet up and relax with the knowledge that returning your sharepoint data to the SQL content database is only a click away. Storage Maximizer makes it easy to re-enter documents from external repositories.
- Secure All - Rest assured knowing your data is safe from prying eyes. The encryption and security features in Storage Maximizer ensure that your data can only be accessed by those with the proper rights.
- End User Access - Ensure seamless end-user access to their sharepoint content. With Storage Maximizer, end users will see no difference in the way they access data, no matter where the sharepoint data is offloaded.
- Report All - See instantly how much content is externalized to various repositories. Storage Maximizer displays easy-to-read graphical charts that let you know the current status of your existing externalized data in an instant.
- Shrink the size of your sharepoint content database
- Meet end-user demands for content availability and performance
- Reduce performance issues by easing sharepoint demands on SQL Server
- Ease the burden on IT by automating the externalizing process
- Save storage costs by offloading and compressing large and unused content to less expensive storage
- Improve sharepoint scalability by freeing up SQL Server space and processing power
- Install it quickly and easily with no additional user interfaces or hardware
With Storage Maximizer you can:
- Set rules to automatically move content to selected repositories based on content criteria (i.e. size, type, age, etc.)
- Offload content to various repositories within a single install
- Compress and encrypt your data in external repositories
- Set the scope for externalizing documents from a Site Collection to a document library
- Make it appear to end users as if documents are stored in the SQL content database
- Maintain sharepoint search capabilities to find the data you need
- Recover your deleted or lost external content
- Bring your externalized content back into sharepoint easily